ASIAN LADY BEETLE
- Lady Beetles are 1/32" to 3/8' in length.
- They are reddish orange with various numbers of black spots.
- These are an introduced species not native to North America.
- They are used to control aphids growing on plants.
- They are a major pest in the fall and spring when they will over winter in structures in very large numbers.
- Exclusion is the best control method for lady beetles.
- On warm winter days inspect the exterior of the structure to locate entry points.
- Seal all entry points.
- Seal around window and doors especially around attics.
- Place mesh screen on chimney to prevent nesting there.
- Once in the home vacuum adult lady beetles around window and doors and release outdoors to dispose of.