BLOW FLY/BOTTLE FLY
- Blow flies are 1/8"-5/8" in length.
- Also known as bottle flies.
- They vary in color from green to blue to black.
- They are common flies of dead bodies and are usually the first insects to arrive shortly after time of death.
- The larvae stage is called a maggot and is common around trash cans.
- The presence of blow flies is usually and indication of something dead.
- Identify decaying organic material.
- Look for decaying carcass of a dead animal.
- Remove the infested material.
- Vacuum adult flies if possible.
- Directive treat to control adult flies.
- Treat the area with a liquid insecticide to prevent further developing flies.
- Use Insect Light traps to capture adult flies.