- Drain flies are 1/16"-1/4"
- They are dark gray in appearance.
- They have fuzzy "moth-like" wings.
- They are found in decaying material around floor drains or standing stagnant water.
- Also called moth flies because of their appearance.
- They are also called bar flies because they are very common in bars.
- The presence of drain flies is usually an indication that sanitation needs to be addressed.
- Look for decaying material in drains or standing water.
- Clean drains and use an enzyme base product to reduce sledge buildup in drain.
- Directive treat to reduce the adult fly population.
- Use insect light traps to capture adult flies.