- Earwigs are 1/4" to 1" in length.
- They are black with yellow legs and large forceps attached to the abdomen.
- The forceps are used to capture prey.
- The name earwig comes from the European myth that they would burrow into the ear.
- Locate and eliminate any moisture issues there may be.
- Seal around pipe opening and water lines that enter the structure.
- Inspect sump pump drain lines to assure the are not allowing insects in.
- Treat the interior of all rooms especially unfinished basements.
- Treat crawlspace areas with liquid insecticide.
- Dust wall voids of basements and around sump pump.
- Treat the exterior perimeter of the structure.