- Fruit flies are about 1/8" in length.
- They are common pests on decaying fruits and vegetable.
- They have bright to dark red eyes.
- Most species have dark stripes on the abdomen.
- They will also be found in garbage disposals, trash compactors and trash receptacles.
- The presence of fruit flies is usually and indication of decaying material and sanitation needs to be addressed.
- Find the decaying fruit or vegetable.
- Look in garbage disposals, trash receptacles or areas where fruits and vegetables have been stores.
- Remove the infested decaying material.
- Directive treat the area to knock down adult flies.
- Clean all drains and use enzyme based product to break down sledge buildup.