ODOROUS HOUSE ANT
- Odorouse house ants are 1/16"-1/8" in length.
- They are dark brown to black in color.
- They have one node that is hidden between the thorax and the abdomen.
- They live in very large colonies with multiple queens
- They are the number one pest species in the tri-state.
- They can be extremely difficult to eliminate.
- When smashed they emit a burnt coconut smell.
- They often live in wall voids of structures or in landscape materials close to the structure.
- They feed naturally on aphids which feed on plants.
- Control of Odorous House Ants is difficult.
- Treat the exterior perimeter of the structure with Termidor.
- Treat the interior of the structure with Phantom.
- Use insecticide baits when possible.
- Use Intice granule bait on the exterior perimeter.
- Locate nests and drench directly with insecticide.
- Treat around pipe openings, windows and door.
- Treat landscape beds.
- Inspect all landscape materials including timbers, edging and lighting.
- Exclusion is critical when dealing with odorous house ants.