- Pavement ants are 1/16"-1/8" in length.
- They are dark brown to black.
- Pavement ants have unusually large heads compared to other ants.
- They have two nodes between the thorax and the abdomen.
- Pavement ants live in soil often under concrete or pavement.
- They kick out little mounds of soil between the concrete or pavement.
- Treat the exterior perimeter with Termidor.
- Treat interior areas with Phantom.
- Use Intice granules on the exterior perimeter of the structure.
- Seal areas such as slab fractures or expansion joints.
- Seal around doorways.
- Treat nest directly with liquid insecticide.