- Pharaoh ants are 1/16" in length.
- They are reddish orange in color.
- Pharaoh ants have two nodes between the thorax and the abdomen.
- They are native to the southern part of the United States but are relocated to the north in plants.
- Pharaoh ants have multiple queens and satellite colonies.
- They react to pesticide applications by "budding", a process which protects the colony by removing itself from the treated area.
- DO NOT USE LIQUID INSECTICIDES!
- DO NOT USE DUST INSECTICIDES!
- Use insecticide baits ONLY with Pharaoh ants.
- Use liquid/gel ant baits in areas where ants are foraging heavily.
- Use granules ant baits on the exterior of the structure and attic areas.