- Yellow Jackets are 3/8” to 5/8” in length.
- They are yellow and black striped.
- Yellow Jackets build paper nests in wall voids, wood piles, grass clippings or ground holes.
- Yellow Jackets are social insects that protect their nest aggressively.
- They are capable of multiple stings.
- They use the nest only one season and then abandon it in the fall.
- Locate the entrance to the nest.
- Apply a dust insecticide with a hand duster or dust-stick directly into the nest.
- After treatment remove the nest if possible.